How did you find that issue? It seems unlikely that a problem with 3.11 is
caused by an issue reported for Python 2.5 in 2007.

My own understanding of the problem with the VS Code debugger and 3.11
(which I have experienced myself as well :-) is that since 3.11 is still in
alpha mode, the Pydev extension used by VS Code doesn't yet work well with
the changes in 3.11 internals. You should probably inquire with either the
Pydev extension (https://github.com/fabioz/Pydev) or the VS Code team about
what their plans are for fixing this -- I wouldn't blame them if they
decided to wait until 3.11 beta 1 is released, which should happen on or
after May 6th this year.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 8:25 AM Yves Duprat <ydup...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I built cpython on a mac OSX 12.01. Python runs well.
> When starts, Python shows that version info which looks good:
> 'Python 3.11.0a5+ (heads/fix-issue-43352:f899da7fe5, Feb 25 2022,
> 10:04:53) [Clang 13.0.0 (clang-1300.0.29.30)] on darwin'
>
> But when I want to used it in VSCode to debug a script, I have the
> following message:
> -------
> This version of python seems to be incorrectly compiled
> (internal generated filenames are not absolute).
> This may make the debugger miss breakpoints.
> Related bug: http://bugs.python.org/issue1666807
> -------
> What do I miss ? I looked for a specific option in ./configure but seen
> nothing  ?
> Can someone help me please ?
> Thank
>
> Yves
> Message archived at
> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/message/DISAPV26T2U6CHHSGXTD5EWX54CPMB6Z/

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)
*Pronouns: he/him **(why is my pronoun here?)*
<http://feministing.com/2015/02/03/how-using-they-as-a-singular-pronoun-can-change-the-world/>