Hello,
I'm sorry for my late reply -- keeping up with all the PEPs is
somewhat challenging.

The one nitpick I have is that the PEP should make a few things more
clear to people outside the typing-sig:
- if this PEP really only affects typing.py and external
projects/tools, it should say so clearly (so e.g. a parser experts can
skip reading the PEP with clear conscience, even though it "introduces
two new syntaxes")
- in Specification, clarify what "It is an error" means -- is it a
Python runtime error, or an error type checkers should raise? Same for
"It is valid".

To be clear, I don't think this should block the PEP.