Not defining the semantics of annotations was a brave move, but
inevitably led to the situation where different use cases, all
quite reasonable, would spring into being. Now they have, the development
team has to decide a) which ones to sanction and b) which will be left out
in the cold.

I wish them well.

Kind regards,
Steve