Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> fwiw, the first google hit for "autodict" appears to be part of someone's
> link farm
>
>     At this website we have assistance with autodict. In addition to
>     information for autodict we also have the best web sites concerning
>     dictionary, non profit and new york.

Hmmm, looks like some sort of bot that takes the words in
your search and stuffs them into its response. I wonder
if they realise how silly the results end up sounding?

I've seen these sorts of things before, but I haven't
quite figured out yet how they manage to get into Google's
database if they're auto-generated. Anyone have any clues
what goes on?

University of Canterbury,          | Carpe post meridiam!                 |
Christchurch, New Zealand          | (I'm not a morning person.)          |