On 06. 06. 22 20:05, Steve Dower wrote:
+1. Glad it's not just me

On 6/6/2022 2:36 PM, Victor Stinner wrote:
First, I understood that "Arbitrary Literal String Type" was adding a
new built-in types for "literal strings" :-) Nope. It's just about
type annotations ;-)

I was also excited about the new built-in type :-)

Pablo is already separating the PEPs in new release announcements (or has at least agreed to, not sure any releases have happened since I asked).

But with the amount of work going on in separate venues these days, separating "CPython implementation" from "Language specification" from "Typing specification" would be helpful. (Packaging is already separate, but doesn't appear in release announcements anyway.)

There's an issue about adding the category metadata: https://github.com/python/peps/issues/2572 Rather than putting it in the title itself, it might be be better to only show the category more prominently in lists & announcements.