Pablo,
    Nl and Newline are tokens but I am interested in NEWLINE's behavior in
the Python grammar, note the casing.

For example in simple_stmts @
https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/main/Grammar/python.gram#L107

Is that NEWLINE some sort of built in rule to the grammar?   In my project
I am running into problems where the parser crashes any time there is some
double like NL & N or Newline & NL but I want to nail down NEWLINE's
behavior in CPython's PEG grammar.