On 3/28/06, Gerhard Häring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Even better, the authors should be willing to keep the version in
> > Python synchronized with the separate release.
>
> In particular, I would then synchronize changes that have proven stable
> in the standalone release to the Python core sqlite module. I think this
> is how Barry does it with the email module, too.

Everything Gerhard has said sounds good.  From what I read it seems
that it might be good to add pysqlite to the stdlib eventually.
Overall, I'm +0 on the idea.  It seems everyone is pretty positive on
the concept.

However, I'm -0 on adding this to 2.5.  We've already got a lot of
changes.  I don't want us to keep piling more on.  Also I thought I
saw Gerhard say that there were some other things he wanted to finish
and the timing might work better for him to defer a bit.  Some of
these things sounded like API changes which may be more problematic
once in the core as we may have stricter rules on backwards
compatibility.

We also have to convert the doc from ReST to latex.  None of these are
show stoppers, but it adds to the amount of work we need to do before
release.  And there's already more work than we can handle.