[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I'm not sure this is going to be all that helpful.  If there's more I can do
> to help track down these problems, let me know.

Sure:  you can do _everything_ to track them down ;-)

> Last night I ran
>
>     make test EXTRATESTOPTS='-R :: -uall -r'
>
> on my Mac laptop after a fresh svn up.  I wasn't ready for how long that
> would run!

I never tried it (specifically the '-R ::' bit), but I see what you
mean.  Note that we have an OSX buildbot slave that passes all the
trunk tests.  Can you say whether

    make test EXTRATESTOPTS='-uall -r'

(without '-R ::') also fails on your box?  The point is to separate
what's unique to your Mac box from what's unique to '-R ::'.

> ..
> And though it didn't list test_bsddb3 as a failure, it got a bunch of
> DBLockDeadlockError exceptions.

That one's almost a FAQ here -- all platforms see those from time to
time, and have for years (especially when the box is heavily loaded).

> For test_decimal it printed:
>
>     test test_decimal failed -- errors occurred; run in verbose mode for
> details
>
> but when I ran test_decimal manually it ran fine.

Did your manual run also include '-R ::'?  When I run test_decimal in
isolation on my Windows box with that option, it also fails here, on
its second run:

C:\Code\python\PCbuild>python_d  -E -tt ../lib/test/regrtest.py -uall
-R:: test_decimal
test_decimal
beginning 9 repetitions
123456789
test test_decimal failed -- errors occurred; run in verbose mode for details
1 test failed:
    test_decimal
[29478 refs]

> Same thing for test_warnings:
>
>     test test_warnings failed -- errors occurred in
> test.test_warnings.TestModule
>
> When I ran it manually it passed.

With or without -R::?  This one also fails for me in isolation with
'-R ::', and also on its second run:

C:\Code\python\PCbuild>python_d -E -tt ../lib/test/regrtest.py -uall
-R:: test_warnings
test_warnings
beginning 9 repetitions
123456789
test test_warnings failed -- errors occurred in test.test_warnings.TestModule
1 test failed:
    test_warnings
[15467 refs]

Does anyone else routinely use -R?  If anyone does, do all the tests
pass for them?