Hi Raymond,

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 02:02:25PM -0700, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> Please run some better benchmarks and do more extensive assessments on the
> performance impact.

At the moment, I'm trying to, but 2.5 HEAD keeps failing mysteriously on
the tests I try to time, and even going into an infinite loop consuming
all my memory - since the NFS sprint.  Am I allowed to be grumpy here,
and repeat that speed should not be used to justify bugs?  I'm proposing
a bug fix, I honestly don't care about 0.5% of speed.

With a benchmark that passed, and that heavily uses instance and class
attribute look-ups (richards), I don't even see any relevant difference.

> and assessments of whether there are real benefits for everyday Python
> users.

It would have saved me two hours-long debugging sessions, and I consider
myself an everyday Python user, so yes, I think so.

Grumpy-ly yours,

Armin