On Jun 10, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:

On 6/10/06, Johann C. Rocholl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm working on simple module to write PNG image files in pure python.
Adding it to the standard library would be useful for people who want
to create images on web server installations without gd and imlib, or
on platforms where the netpbm tools are not easily available.

Does anybody find this idea interesting?

Yes, although I wouldn't want an interface taking in strings but something more like an iterator that returns each row which itself contains int triples.  In other words more array-based than string based.

Well you could easily make such strings (or a buffer object that could probably be used in place of a string) with the array module...

-bob