On 6/22/06, Aahz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2006, Nick Maclaren wrote:
> >
> > Sigh.  What I am trying to get is floating-point support of the form
> > that, when a programmer makes a numerical error (see above), he gets
> > EITHER an exception value returned OR an exception raised.
>
> Then you need to write up a detailed design document FOR PYTHON that

The best design doc that I know of is code. :-)

Seriously, there seems to be a fair amount of miscommunication in this
thread.  It would be much easier to communicate using code snippets.
I'd suggest pointing out places in the Python code that are lacking
and how you would correct them.  That will make it easier for everyone
to understand each other.