Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Let's just drop the switchable subroutine proposal. It's not viable.

Perhaps not - but at the same time, when discussing new language
features, let's not just limit ourselves to what other languages have
done already.

Forget subroutines for a moment - the main point of the thread was the
idea that the dispatch table was built explicitly rather than
automatically - that instead of arguing over first-use vs.
function-definition, we let the user decide. I'm sure that my specific
proposal isn't the only way that this could be done.

-- Talin