BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> I'd like to write a post mortem for PEP 355. But one important
> question that haven't been answered is if there is a possibility for a
> path-like PEP to succeed in the future? If so, does the path-object
> implementation have to prove itself in the wild before it can be
> included in Python? From earlier posts it seems like you don't like
> the concept of path objects, which others have found very interesting.
> If that is the case, then it would be nice to hear it explicitly. :)

So...how's that post mortem coming along? Did you get a sufficient
answer to your questions?

And the more interesting question is, will the effort to reform Python's
path functionality continue? From reading all the responses to your
post, I feel that the community is on the whole supportive of the idea
of refactoring os.path and friends, but they prefer a different
approach; And several of the responses sketch out some suggestions for
what that approach might be.

So what happens next?

-- Talin