On Nov 2, 2006, at 9:35 PM, Thomas Heller wrote:

Ronald Oussoren schrieb:
On Oct 31, 2006, at 6:38 PM, Thomas Heller wrote:

This mechanism is probably a hack because it'n not possible to add
C accessible
fields to type objects, on the other hand it is extensible (in
principle, at least).

I better start rewriting PyObjC then :-). PyObjC stores some addition
information in the type objects that are used to describe Objective-C
classes (such as a reference to the proxied class).

IIRC This has been possible from Python 2.3.

I assume you are referring to the code in pyobjc/Modules/objc/objc- class.h

Yes.

If this really is reliable I should better start rewriting ctypes then ;-).

Hm, I always thought there was some additional magic going on with type
objects, fields appended dynamically at the end or whatever.

There is such magic, but that magic was updated in Python 2.3 to allow type-object extensions like this.

Ronald