On 04:36 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>easy_install uses the standard distutils configuration system, which means
>that you can do e.g.

Hmm.  I thought I knew quite a lot about distutils, but this particular nugget
had evaded me.  Thanks!  I see that it's mentioned in the documentation, but I
never thought to look in that section.  I have an aversion to .ini files; I
tend to assume there's always an equivalent Python expression, and it's better.
 Is there an equivalent Python API in this case?

I don't know if this is a personal quirk of mine, or a reinforcement of Talin's
point about the audience for documentation documentation.