[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Guido, I looked at urllib2 and quickly gave up.  I have no idea how that
> code works (where is a lower level library's connection object instantiated,
> for example?).  I presume with timeouts in the lower level libraries someone
> who knows how urllib2 works will be able to graft timeouts onto it without
> too much work.

I have in my TODO list an item that says "put timout to
urllib2.urlopen".

I once digged in urllib2, trying to figure out something, and in a
lightning shock I understood it. I took a look at it again a few weeks
ago, but this time wasn't able to follow it, :(.

Anyway, I'll check it once again, hope to understand it, and try to came
up with a patch to be able to call urllib2.urlopen with "timeout"
parameter, for all its protocols.

Regards,

--
.   Facundo