Am Dienstag, 06. März 2007 13:36 schrieb Martin v. Löwis:
> #1115886 complains that in the file name '.cshrc', the
> entire file name is treated as an extension, with no
> root.
>
> #1462106 contains a patch for that, changing the behavior
> so that there will always be a root file name (and no
> extension if the file is just a dotfile).
>
> Should this be changed? Opinions?

+1

The current behavior is clearly a bug, since a leading dot does not start an
extension, but marks a file as "hidden".  The latter is on UNIX, and while
this is different on Windows, I cannot imagine that anyone would
a) have dotfiles under that OS, or even then
b) rely on the current behavior that their full filename counts as
"extension".

Greetings,
  Hans