On 02/05/2007 12.00, Christian Tanzer wrote:

>>> Nearly always wrong? You must be kidding. There are tons of reasons to
>>> call your super method with modified arguments. E.g. clipping,
>>> transforming, ...

>> Really?
>> http://fuhm.net/super-harmful/
>
> Hmmm.
>
> I've just counted more than 1600 usages of `super` in my
> sandbox. And all my tests pass.

And you don't follow any of the guidelines reported in that article? And you
never met any of those problems? I find it hard to believe.

The fact that your code *works* is of little importance, since the article is
more about maintenance of existing code using super (and the suggestions he
proposes are specifically for making code using super less fragile to
refactorings).
--
Giovanni Bajo