I'd like to help out cleaning up the Python3.0 documentation.  There are a
lot of little leftovers from 2.x that are no longer true. (mentions of
long, callable() etc.)

Ideally (especially in the tutorial), we should only refer to 3.0 features
and syntax, and keep the special cases and "other ways to do it" to a
minimum.

Before I dive in and start submitting patches, what does everyone else
think?  How much reference to previous python versions should be left in?
Does it make sense to keep notes of the nature of "since version 2.3 ..."
when there is an intentional discontinuity at 3.0?

Peter Harris