Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:
> You don't put the bar high for newbies on the Python project eh? :)
>
> I am assumign that most of those contributions code-wise need a fair amount of
> knowledge of Python's internals?

It's neither impossible nor too hard to get involved. I got from
"haven't done serious C coding in years" to "Python core developer with
full svn access" in less than 9 months. OK, I've more than 5 years of
Python experience but you don't need it to contribute.

You can start by updating or enhancing the existing documentation,
writing new docs and tutorials or updating the unit test suite. New
tests need to be written and existing test should be ported to the new
unit test module.

Large parts of Python are written *in* Python. You don't need to be a C
coder to contribute. For example you can give a C coder a hand by
writing documentation and unit tests for the C coder. This way the C
coder can concentrate on the C code and you can enhance your unit
testing Fu. :)

Christian