Mark Dickinson wrote:
> At the other end of the spectrum are embedded devices and cellphones.  Here
> I have no idea what the situation is at all---any information would be
> valuable.

I know two mobile phone platforms for Python: Nokia S60 and Pippy for
Palm. I haven't had time to study Python on Nokia S60 Series yet. Palm's
hardware and Pippy don't support floats at all. Pippy Python is an old
1.5 (?) without the float type.

The third major platform and last platform for mobile devices I can
think for right now are Qtopia and WinCE. I haven't dealt with them
either so you've to check the specs.

Python on Nokia S60 Series: (Python 2.2.x)
http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/ee447e84-2851-471a-8387-3434345f2eb0/Python_for_S60.html
http://wiki.opensource.nokia.com/projects/Python_for_S60

Pippy:
http://pippy.sourceforge.net/