> Is there any easy way that the burden of trunk -> py3k
> merging could be moved to the original committers of
> the trunk patches?

I'm not sure I understand the question. If the committer
of the original patch would do the merge himself, then
certainly the burden would be on him, and that's an easy
way.

If you meant to say "an easy way to enforce...", then I
cannot see how that could work, other than establishing
that as a policy, and starting to revoke commit privileges
to people who don't follow the policy.

Rather than actually merging changes, one could start
sending out messages automatically to committers who
don't either merge or block their changes within 24 hours
(or send a summary message every day to python-dev).

Regards,
Martin