Benjamin Peterson schrieb:

svnmerge is written in Python, so wouldn't it be possible to add
support for maintaining such renaming to that tool ?

svnmerge.py is mostly a wrapper over svn merge, and svn merge can't
handle it, so I don't think is easily possible.

I don't think that an administrative problem such as forward-
porting patches to 3.x warrants breakage in the 2.x branch.

I am a bit worried for the sanity of the Merger, though. Merges into
non-existent files are skipped automatically, so it doesn't make life
any easier.

<shameless_advertising>Bazaar can handle renames
correctly.</shameless_advertising>

So can dozens of other VCSs. Just to keep perspective.

Georg