Raymond Hettinger wrote:
If we don't do this, then String won't be the last request. People will want Datetime for example. Pretty much any concrete type could have a look-a-like that wanted its own ABC and for all client code to switch from testing concrete types.

If I remember rightly, the machinery in the ABC's to support registration slows down some other operations with the types - do we want to pay that price all the time?

If we do, then it may be a matter of moving some of the registration machinery from ABCMeta up into type itself.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Brisbane, Australia