Steve Holden wrote:
Guido van Rossum wrote:
It's water under the bridge now, but IMO it was too rash to *remove*
the old threading API from Py3k, and doubly rash to do so one day
before the beta release. Running up to a release (whether alpha, beta
or final) we should practice extra restraint, not rush to get things
in right before the deadline. Let's all be more careful the rest of
this release cycle! (I think it wasn't just Benjamin who raced to get
things in...)

Well, it wouldn't be "adding a new feature" to reinstate the old API for beta two, would it, as long as we retain the new one too? It does seem that change was a little precipitate.

Although if we weren't actually planning on removing the old API in 3.0, I'm a little confused as to why we were adding Py3k warnings to it in 2.6...

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Brisbane, Australia