A.M. Kuchling wrote:
On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 08:55:13AM -0700, Bill Janssen wrote:
Is anyone else finding it increasingly odd that subprocess, signal,
socket/ssl, and syncore are in the same chapter?  I'm tempted to move
socket, ssl, asyncore+asynchat into a 'networking' chapter, and then
also move SocketServer from the 'Internet Protocols' chapter into this
new chapter.
Sounds like you mean, 'Non-HTTP Networking'.

I don't think so -- SMTP, FTP, NNTP, and telnet have nothing
to do with HTTP, but they're certainly Internet protocols.

Perhaps we need a split between "networking technologies" and "network-based applications".

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119