"Guido van Rossum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Same here; let's tread carefully here and not change this with 3.0.
> Starting to deprecate in 3.1 and killing in 3.3 would be soon enough.
> I like using only the assertKeyword variants, removing assert_, fail*,
> and assertEquals.

Are we to interpret the above ("… using only the assertKeyword
variants, removing assert_, …") as "we should actively remove names
that are PEP 8 compatible from 'unittest', instead preferring names
that go against PEP 8?

I really hope I'm misinterpreting this and that there's another
explanation. Preferably one that includes "we have a plan to make
'unittest' conform with the existing PEP 8".

--
 \        “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Umm, I think |
  `\       so, Brain, but three men in a tub? Ooh, that's unsanitary!” |