Martin v. Löwis wrote:
http://bugs.python.org/issue3026 comes to mind.

And I would rather use a little bit different wording: The ones
truncating size_t/ssize_t do matter, unless  you know in advance that
you will always deal with data lesser than 2GiB.

I thought Nick's comment was in the context of the buildbots hanging
in the multiprocessing tests, which I know has only data smaller than
2GiB.

Ah, sorry about the confusion - my chain of thought was a little more convoluted than that. The wedged buildbot caused the compile to fail after a checkin of mine, which lead to me looking at that buildbot's compile log, which had all sorts of warnings which I had never seen before because my development machine is a 32-bit Linux box.

Given that I thought all those warnings had been cleared out when Py_ssize_t was first added, I was a little surprised by the quantity of them.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Brisbane, Australia