"Stephen J. Turnbull" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Ben Finney writes:
>
>  > Removal of ``assert*`` names
>  > ----------------------------
>  >
>  > There is no overwhelming consensus on whether to remove the
>  > ``assert*`` names or the ``fail*`` names;
>
> 7 to 1 is overwhelming in my book.  See
> From: Antoine Pitrou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

That measured only usage of unittest *within the Python standard
library*. Is that the only body of unittest-using code we need
consider?

> While people's preferences are important, I think there is a very
> good case to made that keeping this much continuity in the test
> suite as possible is more so.

That's a separate argument, then. One which I don't dismiss, but it
needs to be stated as such.

--
 \           “A poet more than thirty years old is simply an overgrown |
  `\                                         child.” —Henry L. Mencken |