Ben Finney wrote:
Nick Coghlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
One option for rationalising the API would be to merely keep the
shortest version of each phrase (i.e. use assert* instead of
fail_unless* for the positive tests and fail_if* instead of
assert_not* for the negative tests, and always drop the trailing 's'
from 'equals').

I think clarity, consistency, and discoverability are more important
criteria than saving a few characters in a method name.

Adding in possible positive and negative forms of the proposed new
methods

A major point of this PEP is to *remove* redundant names in the API.

    def it_is_a_truth_universally_recognised_that(...):

    def we_are_all_feckin_doomed_unless(...):

should be quite sufficient ;-)

entia-non-sunt-multiplicanda-ly y'rs

G.