From: "Eric Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I have this ready for checkin (with docs and tests).  I'd like to get it
in for this beta, since it does involved changed behavior, no matter how
small ('1e+100' becomes '1E+100' with '%F').  But it relies on the
platform's vsnprintf to do the right thing with 'F', so I'm worried
about breakages on platforms I don't have access to.  Resolving those
issues might take a few days.

Any advice on checking this in now, or waiting until after this beta is
released?

I recommend doing it after the release.  It's unlikely to be exercised
much by the beta users so there's no real advantage.  If you wait
until afterwards, then there is time to let the buildbots have a go
at it and reveal any cross-platform issues.

Besides, Barry said something about getting meaner.
Would hate to find out what he meant the hard way ;-)

Raymond