On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Greg Ewing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sebastien Loisel wrote:
>
>> What are the odds of this thing going in?
>
> I don't know. Guido has said nothing about it so far this
> time round, and his is the only opinion that matters in the
> end.

I'd rather stay silent until a PEP exists, but I should point out that
last time '@' was considered as a new operator, that character had no
uses in the language at all. Now it is the decorator marker. Therefore
it may not be so attractive any more.

I understand that you can't use A*B as matrix multiplication because
it should mean elementwise multiplication instead, just like A+B is
elementwise addition (for matrixes, as opposed to Python sequences).

But would it be totally outlandish to propose A**B for matrix
multiplication? I can't think of what "matrix exponentiation" would
mean...

--Guido