Raymond Hettinger <python <at> rcn.com> writes:

> The 2.6/3.0 development process was so disruptive that I doubt
> that 2.5 received adequate attention for bug fixes.  Why not wait
> two or three months for the dust to settle?

I know that I, and a couple of others, have tried to backport "important" bug
fixes (by that I mean security fixes, crashers, memory leaks, as well as glaring
behaviour problems) to 2.5 when there was no risk to reduce stability or
compatibility.

It's also true that 2.6/3.0 were so disruptive that the reason why few things
were backported is simply that few things could be backported at all. Most
checkins were related to new functionality or modified behaviour, or new bugs
introduced by either of those.

Everyone can look at
http://code.python.org/hg/branches/release2.5-maint/shortlog to get an idea of
where 2.5 is. 2.5.2 was tagged ~7 months ago.

Regards

Antoine.