On 2008-10-22 14:16, J. Sievers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I implemented a variant of the CPython VM on top of Gforth's Vmgen; this made
> it fairly straightforward to add direct threaded code and superinstructions
> for
> the various permutations of LOAD_CONST, LOAD_FAST, and most of the
> two-argument
> VM instructions.

I suppose you get most of the speedup by using threaded code. Unfortunately,
that is only supported by gcc.

Do you get similar results for the switch based method that appears to be
available in VMgen ?

http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/vmgen/html-docs/VM-engine.html

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 22 2008)