Maybe we should backport those handy pep8 threading names ... ... Ok maybe not.

On Oct 22, 2008 9:02am, Christian Heimes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I checked in the contents of my multiprocessing.tar file and opened issues

#1 and #2.

I added a setup.py, disabled recv_bytes_into for now and fixed lots of

naming issues. The multiprocessing code is using the new names of the

threading module (current_thread, is_alive etc.) but Python 2.5 just

have the old names (currentThread, isAlive).

$ python2.5 setup.py build_ext -i

$ PYTHONPATH=Lib python2.5 Lib/test/test_multiprocessing.py

ERROR: test_connection (__main__.WithProcessesTestConnection)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "Lib/test/test_multiprocessing.py", line 1220, in test_connection

self.assertEqual(conn.recv_bytes_into(buffer),

AttributeError: '_multiprocessing.Connection' object has no attribute

'recv_bytes_into'

Ran 123 tests in 12.309s

FAILED (errors=1)

:)