[MvL]
At this point, I do request that the patch is reverted completely
(i.e. that the documentation is restored), and that the qualification
"not reliable!" is removed from the doc strings of the methods, as
it is factually incorrect.

I would be happy to restore the documentation.  You want the methods
back and I think that's sufficient reason to bring it back.

The "not reliable" wording in the docstrings was put there by Guido 16 years ago. http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Lib/Queue.py?revision=3158&view=markup
Speak to him about this.  I'm done with this thread.

Also, for years, the documentation also had a "not-reliable" notice:

Return ``True`` if the queue is empty, ``False`` otherwise. Because of multithreading semantics, this is not reliable.

Skip changed it to the present wording last year:
http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Doc/library/queue.rst?r1=59750&r2=59969

Raymond