Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
If we're adding type information, then please make it a Python object rather than a C string. That way the creator and the consumer can use a richer API to query the "type", such as by calling its methods or by inspecting it in some other way.

I'm not writing my patch that way; it would be too cumbersome for what is ostensibly an easy, light-weight API. If you're going that route you might as well create a real PyTypeObject for the blob you're passing in.

But please feel free to contribute your own competing patch; you may start with my patch if you like.

YAGNI,

/larry/