Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan <at> ochtman.nl> writes:

> Right. The canonical way to do that with Mercurial is to commit patches
> against the "oldest" branch where they should be applied, so that every
> stable branch is a strict subset of every less stable branch.

It doesn't work between py3k and trunk, which are wildly diverging.

> In that case, there are a number of
> alternatives. For example, hg's export/import commands can be used to
> explicitly deal with diffs that contain hg metadata, the transplant
> extension can be used to automate that, or in some cases, the rebase
> extension might be more appropriate.

Transplant or export/import have the right semantics IMO, but we lose the
tracking that's built in svnmerge. Perhaps a new hg extension? ;)
(the missing functionality is to store the list of transplanted or blocked
changesets in a .hgXXX file (storing the original hashes, not the ones after
transplant), and parse that file in order to compare it with the incoming
changesets from an other repo)

Regards

Antoine.