On Mon, Apr 06, 2009, Dan Schult wrote:

> I'm trying to write a C extension which is a subclass of dict.
> I want to do something like a setdefault() but with a single lookup.

python-dev is for core development, not for questions about using Python.
Please use comp.lang.python or the capi-sig list.
--
Aahz (a...@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz