Hello,

Just food for thought here, but seeing how 3.1 is going to be a real featureful
schedule despite being released shortly after 3.0, wouldn't it make sense to
tighten future release planning a little? I was thinking something like doing a
major release every 12 months (rather than 18 to 24 months as has been
heuristically the case lately). This could also imply switching to some kind of
loosely time-based release system.

If I'm wildly off-base, you can either flame me, ignore me, or assign me
annoying release blockers involving memoryviews and weird character encodings
:-)

Regards

Antoine.