On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:21:38 +0200, Christian Heimes <li...@cheimes.de> wrote:
Michael Foord wrote:
A big advantage of using ctypes is that it works cross-implementation -
on IronPython and PyPy already and on Jython soon. I'd like to see more
standard library modules use it. Distributions that choose not to
include it are crippling their Python distribution.

Interesting, I didn't know that IronPython supports ctypes, too. I still
find ctypes a bit problematic because it doesn't us header files for its
types, structs and function definitions.

This is indeed a big problem with ctypes.  Fortunately, a project exists
to correct it:

   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ctypes_configure/0.1

Anyone writing code with ctypes should be looking at ctypes_configure as
well.

Jean-Paul