On Sep 17, 2009, at 10:59 AM, Brett Cannon wrote:

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:38, Georg Brandl <g.bra...@gmx.net> wrote:
R. David Murray schrieb:
I floated a proposal on stdlib-sig to create a file named
Misc/maintainers.rst. The purpose of this file is to collect knowledge about who knows which modules well enough to make decision about issues in the tracker when the participants in the issue aren't sure, and to write down the community knowledge about who has special interest and
expertise in specific topic areas.

This proposal was met with approval and, after a couple of small
modifications of the proposal, no dissent; so I've created the skeleton
of the file.  I've filled in some of the blanks where I had personal
knowledge, was told info on IRC, from the two referenced PEPs, and
from PEP 11.

Feel free to respond with comments about the header text, but more
importantly let me know what you know about who (especially if it is you) should be listed for each module, platform, and topic, and feel free to suggest additional topics. My goal is to record the community knowledge.

One thing I'd like to see in the list are real names of committers,
not tracker names. Of course, people looking for people to assign a bug to should not have to search for the tracker name, so I'd like to make
another request (that Brett already made when we switched trackers):

 Could we *please* have tracker names that match the committer names?

(This doesn't even need to be done by the individual users, I would
volunteer to rename all committer accounts and notify them by email that
their name changed.  This will also be coordinated with the new names
used for Mercurial commits, if a change will be made.)

+1 from me. It would be nice to not have to look up what tracker name
someone uses since I know everyone's committer name.

+1 from me also.  This has long been a source of irritation.

Raymond