Hi All,

I didn't see any docs on this:

http://docs.python.org/reference/datamodel.html?highlight=__eq__#object.__eq__

Where are the specifications on what happens if two objects are compared and both have implementations of __eq__? Which __eq__ is called? What happens if the first one called returns False? Is the second one called? What is one implements __eq__ and the other __ne__?

If I've missed something, please point me in the right direction.

To all those about to tell me to go read the source: that's not good enough here. I'm hoping there *are* "official" rules for how these interact and they just need better linking in, otherwise, I worry that IronPython could do one thing, Jython another and CPython a third...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk