Dne 20.9.2009 18:42, Antoine Pitrou napsal(a):
> Le Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:33:23 -0600, Zooko O'Whielacronx a écrit :
>>
>> By the way, I was investigating this, and discovered an issue on the
>> Mandriva tracker which suggests that they intend to switch to UCS4 in
>> the next release in order to avoid compatibility problems like these.
>
> Trying to use a Fedora or Suse RPM under Mandriva (or the other way
> round) isn't reasonable and is certainly not supported.
> I don't understand why this so-called "compatibility problem" should be
> taken seriously by anyone.

You're not making sense. No distro is an island - plus, upstream
distributors have a nasty habit of providing RPMs only for Fedora. I
don't see what is bad about improving compatibility in a place where the
setting doesn't hurt one way or the other.
Besides, the more compatibility we achieve now, the easier time we'll
have once python makes it into LSB

regards
m.