On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 13:23, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As Simon pointed out, while some organisations do work that way, the PSF
> isn't one of them.
>
> The PSF only requires that the code be contributed under a license that
> then allows us to turn around and redistribute it under a different open
> source license without requesting additional permission from the
> copyright holder.

Even if the contributed code as in this case is a method in an
existing file? How does that work, how do they keep ownership of one
method in the threading.py method? :-)

> Assuming the subject line relates to the code that you would like to
> contribute though, that particular change is unlikely to happen - 2.6 is
> in maintenance mode and changing RLock from a Python implementation to
> the faster C one is solidly in new feature territory. Although a
> backport of the 3.2 C RLock implementation to 2.7 could be useful, I
> doubt that backporting code provided by an existing committer would be
> the subject of this query :)

Ah. I probably misunderstood what the suggested contribution was.
Maybe it was a separate file, which I didn't get.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64