> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 06:27, David Lyon <david.l...@pythontest.org>
> wrote:
>> Secondly, I never knew about it.
>
> Why did you say the process was like black magic when you didn't know
> about it?
>
> Is this a distutils option?
>
> No, it's new in Python 2.6, which Nick Coghlan clearly stated in the
> text you quoted before saying it was black magic. Maybe you should
> have read his mail before you answered it?

I read the email... ok let me strike the word 'black'

That leaves us with python "magic" which is probably what I meant.

In any case, the fact that 'applications' can be run this way is
good.

What I would like to see next is this existing work taken to the
next level in Python-3 so that normal users can appreciate it
better. ie:

 - have ".egg" specify a Python 3 package. No other choices

 - have ".eag" specify a Python 3 application. No other choices.

So what we will have in Python-3 is a convergence of all the
good ideas so far into something that is much simpler for
users to use.

Then if an ".eag" file appears in a python 3 system, the user
gets a dialog box "Run this Application ? or Install it?"

Thanks Len. There's been a lot of good work. Let's make it
less obscure and more obvious in Python-3.

Anyway, it's up to Guido and the team that is.

Take care

David