> This
> may not be a problem in the LLVM code base, but it is the typical
> problem that C++ devs run into with initialization of objects with
> static storage duration.

This *really* doesn't have to do anything with U-S, but I'd like to
point out that standard C++ has a very clear semantics in this matter:
Any global object can be used in the translation unit where it is
defined after the point where it is defined. So if you arrange for all
accessors to a global object to occur after its definition, you don't
need to worry about initialization order at all.

Regards,
Martin