On 2010-03-27 13:36 , Adam Olsen wrote:
On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 17:16, Raymond Hettinger
<raymond.hettin...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Of the ideas I've seen in this thread, only two look reasonable:
* Do nothing.  This is attractive because it doesn't break anything.
* Have float.__eq__(x, y) return True whenever x and y are
    the same NaN object.  This is attractive because it is a
    minimal change that provides a little protection for
    simple containers.
I support either of those options.

What's the flaw in using isnan()?

There are implicit comparisons being done inside list.__contains__() and other such methods. They do not, and should not, know about isnan().

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco