On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 10:36:14PM +0300, anatoly techtonik wrote:

> >> Thank you. What is the status of getting these stats on python.org?
> >
> > Wouldn't "status" imply that there is a plan to do so?
>
> It is not that hard to create that plan given that there is a fair
> amount of developers who care about code coverage.

Anatoly,

nonetheless, I don't know of any plan :).

I keep on shaving yaks when trying to get test coverage posted somewhere;
it's actually not a trivial problem to set it up automatically and
reliably, in my experience.  If you are interested in volunteering to
help, I'm sure it would be appreciated -- I suspect the right place to
start would be get test coverage running reproducibly and reliably on
your own machines and posted somewhere; then you could ask for permissions
to post it somewhere on *.python.org.  (I don't see why we care where it's
posted, but that's what you asked about.)

I keep on running into technical barriers in getting cross-platform code
coverage analysis working, which would be quite valuable; it's easy to
get it working once, but to keep it working is a maintenance task that
involves regular effort, again, in my experience.

best,
--titus
--
C. Titus Brown, c...@msu.edu