Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>  > While there is some Windows and Mac specific code, treating them as
>  > separate components seems fairly unintuitive.
>
> Not always unintuitive.  There are some features only available on a
> particular platform, then "component" sort of makes sense.  OTOH,
> there are some bugs that are only available on a particular platform
> even though the code is generic.  There "component" isn't very
> intuitive.  In theory, I could see having both the component and the
> platform fields, but probably that would require too much user
> education to be worth it.

Yep, that's where the "fairly" qualification came from. It particularly
made sense when we had all those Mac OS 9 specific modules kicking around.

This isn't something I feel strongly about - just pointing out to the
triage guys that requesting a change *is* an option if they think it
would help.

Cheers,
Nick.